“The Estates at 231 Main” is located in Owego, NY has had a variety of lives. It started out in 1906 as the Central School House and was attended by many of the local folks who came to the monthly open house events during renovation. When the building was closed as a school, Tioga County took possession and moved a variety of county offices into the three story facility. Then in 2005, the renovation for adaptive reuse began. It required demolition of temporary partitions, drop ceilings and other additions, taking the interior back to the original classrooms and hallways. We were pleased to be able to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the building just prior to completion. Renovation was completed in 2007 and resulted in twenty up-scale residential units including three penthouse style; and three spaces for professional endeavors. This project received the 2007 New York State Excelsior Award.
The Estates at 231 Main, Owego, NY
Original windows repaired and retained